6th July 2022 - 3:10pm IST
Digitalization is the engine of the fourth revolution called digital revolution. Digital transformation is an opportunity for higher education institutions to facilitate the access of education for students from different backgrounds. A transdisciplinary perspective of looking at the social, and entrepreneurial challenges can be taught and necessary skills can be imparted to find a feasible solution for such solutions. With rise of new technologies it is easy to create educational ecosystems by creating networks and sharing knowledge.
Enrichment of HEI through digitalization.
What action need to be taken by universities on digitalization?
DISCUSSION POINTS BY THE PANELLISTS:
1. What will be the role of universities with more and more edtechs and third party vendors on stage?
2. Due to digitalization and third party vendors having primary role in education, will the principles of university be compromised?
3. How students can achieve personal and community goals with help of digitized learning process?
4. How HEIs can promote, motivate and impart lifelong learning among the students using digitized teaching and learning process?
5. What may be the future teaching and learning model and role of faculties in creating a students centered process?
6. How digitalization can empower HEIs and students both in creating a learning community?
MOHAN KR PRADHANSenior ICTO, Ministry of Information and Communications Thimphu, Bhutan
PROF. MANISH POKHAREL, PhDDean, School of Engineering, Katmandu
RAJESH JEYAPAULAIOps Engineering Lead at IBM India Software Labs
Dr. SIBI SHAJIRegistrar - Garden City University
DR. JOAQUÍN RODRÍGUEZDirector of the Department of Design, Innovation and Educational Technology SEK